June Softly

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Kevin Bass - aka "Teach" - High School Chopper Class Teacher



Growing up in a family of bikers, I've learned to appreciate metal fabrication and all that comes with it - you could say it's in my blood. I'm a high school tech ed. teacher by trade but have a passion for working with metal and have put my skills to the test by creating personalized signs, fabricated parts and even a book! My wife and I have 3 boys... all share an early appreciation for bikes and I can't wait for the day we can all ride together. See More



BobberRepublic.com has invited a number of motorcycle experts and Bobber artists to give their opinions and personal views on Bobbers, Choppers and other custom bikes. Not with the intent to find alignment (nothing lost if we do or if we don't) but rather to deepen the subject. Read More from Bobber Republic


Book written by Kevin Baas Available Here 




Photo Credit:  Chop Cult
Kevin Baas is a giver. Armed with a good idea, plenty of skill and more patience than most, this one-man army of mechanical know-how decided to spread the chopper gospel to America's youth in 2003, and he hasn't stopped since. This busy family man earned his nickname by teaching high-school students to put down the X-Box and iPhones and to pick up the angle grinder and TIG torch... Read More from Chop Cult







There’s a School in Bloomington, MN that has a well known class, you don’t see anywhere else. This class consists of custom motorcycles, custom fabrication, a ton of fun and learning, and a pretty kickass teacher heading it all up... Read More from No Shame Custom Works





Custom Primary cover for the 1939 Knuck




Read
~Kevin's Personal Blog~Vintage Bike Addiction
My sickness involves generator motors and other bikes usually of the pre 1970 year.







Custom Steel Fabrication, Steel CNC Cabin & Home Artwork Furniture, Fire Rings, etc.  You dream it I create it.  Kevin Baas is a Manufacturing Technology/Engineering instructor as well as the founder of the High School Chopper Class, building custom motorcycles that are displayed across the country.  Also owner of Baas Metal Craft.
  Visit BMC Website Facebook

2 comments:

Kevin "TEACH" Baas said...

wow thanks for the post!

Curtis Stitts said...

Kevin Baas-
My name is Curtis Stitts and I am a writer for a website called the Gentleman's Lodge.A website dedicated to highlighting different aspects of mens lifestyle.I am working on a Bobber article,and was hoping I could do an interview with you if you have time.My email is enccurtis@aol.com.
-Hope to hear from you soon!