June Softly

Thursday, February 24, 2011

David Mann Motorcycle Art



My stepdad was a biker, and not exactly a warm and fuzzy guy.  He rode a classic ’79 Harley Davidson Lowrider, and his little friend was always along for the ride– a .44 magnum strapped to his leg “for all the honest world to feel” (as Townes Van Zandt would say).  Sounds cool, but like a lot of things– you tend to idealize it when you’re on the outside looking in.  We didn’t exactly fit into the norm, nor did we to care to.  Let’s just say it wasn’t a typical childhood, and we got a lot of stares.  I was not invited to a lot of sleep-overs either.  Read More






1 comment:

Motorcycle Jackets said...

Usually I don’t read article on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very compelled me to try and do so! Your writing taste has been surprised me. Thank you, quite nice article.